Competitive Scottish Highland Dance…
- six-time U.S. Champion
- two-time 1st-runner up World Champion
- Scottish Champion
- four-time Western States Open Champion
- five-time winner of the City of Edinburgh Medal
- British Overseas Champion
- Atlantic International Champion
Professional Dance Theatre…
- A Ballet Arizona company member, who performed principal, solo, and ensemble works by iconic choreographers, including George Balanchine, Ben Stevenson, Paul Taylor, and company artistic director, Michael Uthoff.
Independent Production, Direction, Choreography, Performance, and Post-Production…
embodies the artistic evolution of Laura Carruthers. She’s comprised of filmed performances on stage, offset by a critical and romantic, revealing of observations, thoughts, feelings, and challenges at key, transitional moments throughout Laura’s journey.
both a live production and multimedia video release, featuring Laura’s signature blend of Classical, contemporary, and Celtic choreography and the musical performances of Scottish fiddler, Alasdair Fraser and cellist, Natalie Haas.
a short educational series that illuminates the research of science professors, namely Kenneth Laws, on the “bones” or mechanical physics of ballet.
travels throughout the Southwest, dazzling audiences in major venues – Cashman Theater, Royce Hall, the Orpheum Theater, and San Diego’s Civic Theatre.
• Fire & Grace
a collage of dance and live musical performance, featuring Laura Carruthers, guest artists from Ballet Arizona, and the Scottish Dance Company of Canada, premieres to sold-out theaters.
- The School of the Pennsylvania Ballet, Philadelphia, PA
- The School of Ballet Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
- Catherine Hynd School of Highland Dancing, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Summa cum laude, honors graduate of Arizona State’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. History major. Other areas of academic emphasis included political theory, philosophy, math, and drama.
Other Skills & Interests…
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- Writing (political/social commentary)
- Animal rescue
- Politics (lobbying/campaigning)
* comprised of freelance contractors, both professional performing artists and audio-visual craftsmen and technicians.
* a project-based company engaged in national and international exchanges with arts and entertainment professionals.
* conducts workshops and develops projects in theatre and film.
* collaborates in live performances and visual arts projects with renowned musical composers, stage designers, cinematographers, and performers, from the U.S., Canada, and U.K.